Most of us have heard of the legend Counter Strike, from the roots of the game of Counter Strike. Then comes the next Condition Zero, then the god of a FPS Source. Last but not least is the son of God, Counter Strike: Global Offensive. People usually just hop into the game because they have watched videos or streams about the game and think that they will just be the best. THINK ABOUT THAT PEOPLE. Are you gonna walk into the real world after watching a few videos and expect to make MILLIONS? NO, it doesn't work like that. You need PRACTICE, and AimHacks. Well, not really AimHacks, unless you got the few hundred dollars to have a aim-bot and a chance of getting banned. This post will tell you the basics, and the advanced things you can do to make you the best player you can be. Until you reach MG1, then forget this post.
1. This isn't Call of Duty or Battlefield. You don't just get guns and run around and expect to kill someone. You get cash amounts per game, per kill and other ways. You need to practice your aim almost everyday in Death match. Always warm-up before playing a competitive game, it always helps.
2. Check your corners, always. Check. Your. Corners. You can never check enough. People always camp in corners when they are one of the last person alive. I just can't yell at enough people for checking their corners! Ugh. Just be a normal person, and do this.
3. Optimize your frames. This game doesn't take a lot of power to run at 60 fps. If you have to, lower your resolution. It does help. Just try to have at least 50 fps all the time. It definitely improves your skill.
4. Don't play casual. It doesn't do anything to improve your skill. You get a bunch of squeaky 9 year-olds that don't know when to shut up, and it's just a waste of your time. Just do the world a favor. Don't play casual.
5. Learn your call outs on all maps. Well not all maps, but the ones you always play. Just look them up online, it really helps you and your teammates.
6. Don't complain about stupid stuff. If you get killed by a really lucky shot or just a good one. Don't spam chat about it, just say in chat "ns". It means "nice shot". It really improves your moral and how people see you.
7. Last but not least, do your homework. People say this a lot, and it means just that. Do your CS homework. Look up call outs, how to peak corners, how to just do about anything. Watch videos, even though I said that you won't be a god from watching videos. Do it anyways. It does help, but not like a huge amount.
This is the map layout and the call outs for the popular map Cache. When you see someone, or get killed by someone in one of these areas, you call out where they are, the gun they are using, how much damage you have done to them and where they might go. This really helps when you are playing any tactical game.
I hope these few tips help you not suck at Counter Strike! I mean like, some of us just naturally suck at it, and some of us are naturally amazing. Even if you are in one of these categories, tips and advice always helps.
G.A.P. and D.T.M